Supporting our customers all over the world
Stirling Dynamics is a fast-growing, advanced engineering company that delivers a range of complex systems and technical services to the aerospace, marine and training and simulation markets. Our strength is not only in providing world-leading technical expertise and innovative products but also through working collaboratively with customers to build strong relationships with a focus on open communication and transparency. Trading since 1987, we have accumulated a wealth of knowledge on over 70 different aircraft types and multiple marine platforms, delivered to both civil and military programmes around the globe. Furthermore, we are approved to the global aerospace quality standard AS9100 and a member of the ITAR Approved Community.
Exports make up over 80% of our business and our teams support clients in North America, Western Europe, and the Asia Pacific. We respect the differences in international cultures and recognise that every organisation has their own preferred way of working. Our flexible contracting models, coupled with cultural awareness, ensure that customer satisfaction is achieved throughout the project lifecycle. In 2018, Stirling was acquired by Expleo and continues to operate under the Stirling Dynamics brand focussing on the delivery and support of Stirling core capabilities worldwide.
Stirling Dynamics at a glance
Aircraft worked on
F-35 pilot control units produced
Platforms supported worldwide
Members of staff
Years of service
Industry trade shows and conferences attended last year
Revenue hits the £10m mark for the first time in 2017
Percentage of exports
Stirling wins Consultancy of the Year at the British Engineering Excellence Awards
Our mission, vision and values
Mission: To solve our customers’ most complex engineering problems with ingenuity and reliability.
Vision: To be our customers’ first destination for inspired engineering solutions.
Values: We are guided by shared values in all things we do: courage, excellence, collaboration, respect and accountability.
- Courage – We are bold thinkers and doers, always ready to take on new challenges. We think of ourselves as entrepreneurs, matching creativity with vigilance.
- Excellence – We are united by a shared ambition: change the game, together. Continuous performance is both an objective and a mindset.
- Collaboration – Teamwork and emotional intelligence are what makes us stand out in a crowd. We stand shoulder to shoulder, with our clients and our peers, through good times and setbacks.
- Respect – We are a hive of different profiles, and we place a high value on openness and transparency. We show respect, always.
- Accountability – We are reliable. We celebrate our successes, we take responsibility and learn from our failures. This is why we protect our “right to fail” as an opportunity to bounce back and progress.
Our Strategy and Business Performance
Strong financial performance is essential to support investment and growth. Looking forward, our three-year plan has the following key objectives:
- Increased business development and marketing activities to develop new markets
- Addition of new engineering capabilities to meet emerging customer needs
- Technology developments for control products and systems
- Increased investment in training and professional development schemes
- Continued diversification into closely-adjacent markets