Who are we?
Stirling Dynamics Ltd is a Bristol-based engineering company that provides a range of complex systems and technical services to the aerospace, training & simulation and marine markets. In 2018, the company was acquired by Expleo Engineering UK Limited (“Expleo”).
How do we collect information from you?
Information Collected When Using the Website
Information Collected When Using Website Forms
We acquire personal information about you when you submit a contact form enquiring about our products and/or services or when submitting a job application form via the Stirling website. This information is stored securely either on our WordPress database, internal server database and/or our third-party Customer Relationship Management system (Capsule CRM) to ensure that your product/service enquiry or job application is processed efficiently.
Information Collected During Sales and/or at Events
We also acquire personal information directly from you during sales or purchasing activities and/or in connection with marketing events, from business cards and/or emails. This information is stored securely either on our internal server database and/or our third-party Customer Relationship Management System (Capsule CRM) to ensure that you receive the best possible levels of customer service. We will not use this data for direct marketing purposes unless explicit consent has been giving to us by you to do so.
How long do we hold your data?
The duration period in which your personal details will be held depends on the following scenarios:
- For a job application made through the website – your data will be held no longer than 5 years so that we can send you information on any new roles that may come up within the company that you may be suitable for.
- For a product/service enquiry made through the website – your data will be held no longer than 5 years, unless you become a customer of Stirling Dynamics and then your personal details will be held in accordance with our legitimate interest and will be held for the length of time you continue to be a customer of Stirling Dynamics, so that we can manage our relationship with you and provide you with the best possible levels of customer service.
- For data received through website analytic applications (Google Analytics and Gatorleads) – this data will be held for no longer than 3 years.
- For data collected during the sales process or at an industry event – this data will be held no longer than 5 years from our most recent exchange, unless you become a customer of Stirling Dynamics and then your personal details will be held in accordance with our legitimate interest and will be held for the length of time you continue to be a customer of Stirling Dynamics, so that we can manage our relationship with you and provide you with the best possible levels of customer service.
When we share your data
As the recruitment function is shared between Stirling Dynamics and its parent company, Expleo Engineering UK Limited (“Expleo”), candidate information will be added to a centralised recruitment database and maintained in accordance with GDPR. Candidate information, including CVs and contact details, will, therefore, be shared with the recruitment team at Expleo.
You have the following rights:
- The right to be informed
- The right to rectification
- The right to access
- The right to object
- The right to erase or be forgotten
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
You also have the right to ask the following of us:
- If data is shared, what will the third-party do with this information?
- Will the data be shared overseas? If so, will it be safe? Does this country have adequate data protection?
- Who is the Data Controller?
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to the Information Commissioners Office.
This Privacy Notice may be changed by us at any time. If the policy is updated, you will be informed using our digital platforms.